Ford vs. GMC: A Brand Comparison for Joliet, IL Drivers
Are you in the market for a new car, truck, or SUV, but stuck between two of the most popular brands, Ford and GMC? Let our experts break down the differences for you. In this brand comparison, we’ll be taking a look at overall features, awards, and warranties of Ford and GMC. If you’re curious about Ford, head over to the new vehicle inventory at our dealership near Joliet, IL. You can also set up a test drive to see if a Ford car, truck, or SUV is right for you.
Ford and GMC are respectable brands in their own right, but there are a few awards that only Ford has been honored with.
- In 2017, Ford won an Ethisphere Institute ‘Most Ethical Company’ award.
- Also in 2017, Ford was named a veteran-friendly employer by the Michigan Veteran Affairs Agency.
- USBE Magazine announced that Ford Motor Company is one of its top supporters of engineering programs in historically black colleges and universities.
There are many advanced technologies that come with Ford and GMC models, but we think Ford is more forward thinking in every aspect of vehicle advancements. From infotainment to audio, you’ll be more than pleased with what Ford vehicles have to offer.
- SYNC® infotainment technology is an innovative feature that makes your daily drive hassle-free. You can control audio, key vehicle features, and so much more with this single system. SYNC® technology allows you to pair your mobile device to access key apps and connect with an available Wi-Fi hotspot to save on your mobile phone data.
- An innovative new mobile phone app, FordPass™ gives you exclusive access to easy and affordable parking and finds gas stations along your route. You can also stop, start, lock, and unlock the vehicle remotely with the FordPass™ app.
- Ford MyKey® technology allows you to program driving limitations, like maximum speed and audio volume, on each key.
Both Ford and GMC models come with a 3-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and a 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty. Ford, however, offers a special warranty for models equipped with a PowerStroke diesel engine. These engines are backed up by a 5-year/100,000-mile warranty.