2017 Ford Explorer vs. 2017 GMC Acadia | Morris, IL
Are you on the hunt for a new American mid-sized SUV? If you’ve been considering a Ford SUV, we recommend the family-friendly three-row Explorer, but you might also be considering a GMC SUV like the Acadia. If you are unsure about what kind of performance and features you can expect from either of these models, our comparison has the answers.
For the purposes of this review, we will compare the most popular Ford Explorer trim in our inventory currently, the XLT, to the 2017 GMC Acadia SLE-1. The 2017 Ford Explorer XLT starts at $33,775 MSRP, while the 2017 GMC Acadia SLE-1 is available for $32,450 MSRP.
2017 Ford Explorer vs. 2017 GMC Acadia: Performance
The 2017 Ford Explorer offers more powerful powertrain options than the GMC Acadia, so if you want to experience rapid acceleration, the benefits of turbocharging, or the superior all-wheel-drive system on the Explorer, make your way to our dealership in Morris, IL.
2017 Ford Explorer vs. 2017 GMC Acadia: Interior Features and Design
As three row SUVs, both the Ford Explorer and Acadia come standard with seven seats, though in our designated trims, Ford owners have the option to swap out the second row flat-folding bench seat for bucket seats, a more comfortable option although it reduces seating to six. Several other features that highlight the helpful cabin of the Explorer include:
- Rear climate controls
- Four 12V outlets plus a smart charging USB port
- Dome lights in all three rows
- Available heated steering wheel
- Available auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Available twin-panel moonroof
2017 Ford Explorer vs. 2017 GMC Acadia: Technology
Technology in modern SUVs can do a lot. It’s not just about entertainment anymore; it also adds a great deal of convenience and safety. We think you will find the features found on the new Ford Explorer more applicable to your needs.
- The Ford Explorer is available with a hands-free power liftgate
- Both have a standard rearview camera, although the Explorer includes a washer to always keep the lens clear, and a rear sensing system
- Ford models use SYNC® infotainment, while GMC models use IntelliLink®
- The Ford-exclusive MyKey® allows parents to enable a restricted driving mode to encourage safe habits when their teen gets behind the wheel
- Voice-activated navigation is available on the 2017 Ford Explorer XLT
- Both models have keyless entry and ignition, but the Explorer XLT also has remote start
Finance or Lease a 2017 Ford Explorer Today in Morris, IL
We think it is clear that the Ford Explorer is the perfect solution to your family-sized SUV needs. And best of all, customers of our Ford dealership in Morris, IL can benefit from excellent finance and lease deals each month. Just contact our auto finance team to learn how you can fit a new Ford Explorer into your budget.