2017 Ford Escape vs. 2017 Subaru Forester - Morris, IL
Compact crossovers rule the streets around Morris, IL, but not all crossovers are built equal. If you are hunting for your next family SUV or need a personal vehicle tough enough for any weather, then you’ve probably considered the Ford Escape or the Subaru Forester. This research page compares the 2017 Ford Escape SE with AWD and the 1.5L engine against the 2017 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium.
If you’ve already decided on a new 2017 Ford Escape, jump ahead to our new vehicle inventory to begin exploring trim options and pricing details.
2017 Ford Escape vs. 2017 Subaru Forester: Power & Performance
While Subaru has built a reputation on its AWD, we were impressed with the Ford Escape’s Intelligent AWD System, which monitors and adjusts to road conditions every 16 milliseconds, enough to take on harsh Illinois winters without batting an eye. Additionally, the Ford model’s powertrain is the strongman in this contest, producing more horsepower and torque, and earning a higher tow rating than the 2017 Subaru Forester.
|2017 Ford Escape||Model||2017 Subaru Forester|
|1.5L Turbo Inline-Four||Engine||2.5L Boxer-Four|
|179 HP||Horsepower||170 HP|
|177 lb.-ft.||Torque||174 lb.-ft.|
|22/28 AWD||Fuel Economy||22/29 MPG – manual AWD|
|2,000 lbs.||Towing||1,500 lbs.|
2017 Ford Escape vs. 2017 Subaru Forester: Safety
Both models are generally considered very safe by industry standards. Each has numerous airbags, including side curtain airbags to protect rear passengers in a potential rollover, as well as more modern collision prevention features like a rearview camera. However, there are several safety features in the 2017 Ford Escape we feel are worth highlighting:
- Ford MyKey® restricted driving mode that encourages safe driving habits in teenagers
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System™, which turns on the hazard lights and sounds the horn automatically in the event of an accident in order to alert other drivers that someone may be in need of help
- Blind spot monitor to assist in lane changing with cross-traffic detection, ideal for ensuring it’s safe to back out in a busy parking lot
2017 Ford Escape vs. 2017 Subaru Forester: Interior & Tech
The 2017 Ford Escape and the 2017 Subaru Forester each come with a variety of tech and comfort features, but we believe that the Ford Escape has more points in its favor.
2017 Ford Escape SE features include:
- Ice Blue® instrument panel cluster lighting, which studies have shown both boosts mood and can improve wakefulness
- Four power outlets, including an available 110-V household style outlet
- Available SYNC 3® infotainment featuring a capacitive touchscreen with swipe and pinch-to-zoom functionality, as well as Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™ compatibility
- Standard 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat and optional 10-way power-adjustable front passenger seat
Schedule a Test Drive
Though the evidence seems to fall in favor of the new 2017 Ford Escape, the best way to find the right vehicle for your needs is to take a test drive. Explore all of the Ford Escape’s features for yourself by scheduling a test drive at our Ford dealership in Morris, IL.
You can contact a product specialist with any additional questions you may have about our dealership or inventory through the contact form.