2016 Ford Focus vs. 2016 Honda Civic – Morris, IL
Does your daily commute require a new compact sedan that provides advanced infotainment features, impressive drivability, and a stylish design? Two of the most popular options in the Morris, IL area are the 2016 Ford Focus and the 2016 Honda Civic. While both models rank among the most affordable models in its class, there are distinct differences that drivers need to know before making a purchase.
For the purpose of our analysis, the 2016 Ford Focus S sedan will be compared to the 2016 Honda Civic LX sedan. Do you know that the 2016 Ford Focus is the right compact sedan for your daily drive? Contact the team at Greenway Ford in Morris, IL to schedule a test drive today!
2016 Ford Focus vs. 2016 Honda Civic: Performance & Drivability
While both the 2016 Focus and 2016 Civic come with a 2.0L I-4 engine, the Ford manages to squeeze out slightly more power without a difference in fuel efficiency, but that’s only part of the story. The new Ford Focus features Torque Vectoring Control to use the brake system to mimic the effect of a torque vectoring differential. The result is a much more responsive ride with better handling through corners.
|2016 Ford Focus||Model||2016 Honda Civic|
|2.0L Ti-VCT I-4||Engine||2.0L Ti-VCT I-4|
|160 HP||Horsepower||158 HP|
|31 MPG||Combined MPG Rating||31 MPG|
|Flex-Fuel E85||Fuel Type||Regular|
|5-speed Manual||Transmission||6-speed Manual|
2016 Ford Focus vs. 2016 Honda Civic: Safety Features
Which compact sedan is engineered to keep you safe on your daily adventures? Both the Focus and Civic provide adaptive aids and protective features, but Ford takes safety to a higher level with more advanced safety technology than the Honda has to offer.
- The Ford Safety Canopy® provides side curtain airbags for greater interior coverage in the event of an accident
- AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control gives the Focus improved support in slippery or wet conditions
- Remote Keyless Entry comes standard with the Focus to deliver more peace of mind and security
- Quad-beam halogen headlamps are a standard feature for the Focus, and deliver greater illumination than the lights included with the Civic
2016 Ford Focus vs. 2016 Honda Civic: Interior & Tech
On the interior, the 2016 Ford Focus simply offers more than the 2016 Honda Civic. At the heart of the new Ford Focus is the SYNC® entertainment and connectivity system to provide hands-free calling and media streaming capabilities that the Civic isn’t able to compete with
- Connect devices through a USB or AUX port in the Ford Focus
- Configurable 4.2-in. color LCD display cluster is standard on the new Focus
- Both sedans feature a rear view camera system, but the Focus offers clear gridlines to provide better depth perception
Test Drive a new Focus at Greenway Ford in Morris, IL
Starting at only $17,225 MSRP, the 2016 Ford Focus sedan provides superior drivability, safety and connected technology than the 2016 Honda Civic and its $19,475 MSRP. Get a better value with the new Focus at Greenway Ford in Morris, IL. Our dealership has several new Focus models available to test-drive right now. Contact our team through our online form and add affordable comfort to your daily commute!